Safehelm2 Sensor with Adapter Pack
An extra measure of safety and versatility for your NavPilot! SafeHelm2 is an optional sensor for NavPilot 300/700/711C. When it senses the operator is manually steering the vessel while the autopilot is engaged, SafeHelm2 switches the NavPilot to manual steering for a specified time interval, allowing the helmsman full manual control of the vessel. After the time interval has elapsed, SafeHelm2 resumes the previous automatic steering mode. SafeHelm2 is a valuable feature to have in situations where the helmsman needs to change course immediately without deactivating the autopilot. There is no need to scramble to the NavPilot display to disengage the autopilot or restart automatic navigation once the course is clear. Just grab the wheel, steer the vessel safely around the obstacle, then hold your course until the NavPilot re-engages.
The package includes all of the adapter fittings to add the sensor to any hydraulic helm vessel that has a new or existing "Reversing Pump Autopilot Drive" system.
This product may not be returned to the original point of purchase. Please contact the manufacturer directly with any issues or concerns.
- Compact Bi-directional Hydraulic Helm Flow Switch Sensor
- Reversing pump independent – works with any existing or new hydraulic reversing pump
- No specified physical mounting orientation - SafeHelm2 mounts in any direction on the vessel
- Reproduces the tactile sensation of hydraulic drag at the vessel's helm
- Low initial and installation cost
- Included hydraulic components allow direct installation on a variety of vessel sizes and plumbing configurations
- Included adapters provide the possibility for “gender-matched” installation where no additional fittings or hoses are required or necessary
- Unique Passive Safehelm2 bi-directional flow sensing electronics module can be easily tested, removed, and replaced without opening the vessel’s hydraulic system
- Works with any existing Furuno NavPilot 300 or NavPilot 700/711C series autopilot with no software or hardware update required